Inking happens to everyone

Friday, April 25, 2008

Get pounded on your own terms!


When playing a video game, do you ever wish you could actually FEEL what is going on? maybe when your character gets shot, you wish you could feel his pain? maybe when you're being kicked and punched by some ass whole, you kinda wish you could get a little more into the game and feel those blows.. cause you know.. that would make it more REAL and you could no doubt get into the game with more gusto..
"Unlike traditional force feedback devices that rumble or buzz, the 3rd Space™ Vest gives you precise impact where it happens, as it happens. Get pounded with body slams, crushed with G-forces, and blasted with bullet fire. "
Now, I'm not much of a player.. I like the games like Crash bandecoot and Mario.. but I found this invention Pretty cool. Not that I personally want to know what its like being shot, but I can see where this is going to be a hit. Along with other games that are more interactive such as Guitar hero, Rock band and DDR, this is making game time pretty realistic. My only concern is, it will add to the desensitization that our younger players are already experiencing. will they be affraid to be shot if they think its going to feel like the vest shows it?
This guy in Redmond, creates this vest for medical technology, to test people for vascular circulation, but quickly realized it would make a cool gaming addition, and allows the player to feel every punch, kick, and shot. So he decided to market it to all and its now available for 169.00. I'd like to know if the feelings are going to be realistic... If you do decide to go and get it.. let me know how you liked it.. I'm very curious. Check out this link and see it for yourself.
If you want to skip the vest..for a small fee of 100.00 an hour, I'd be glad to sit next to you while you play your game and punch, kick and smack your ass to bring realism to your game!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen this Gaming Vest for only $154 at http://www.fpsvest.com