Inking happens to everyone

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Are you my friend?

We all need an ear to listen to us right? I try very hard to be a good friend. To always be there for someone. To Always listen. To lend advice if asked. To be a big sister to some, to be a friend to some, to be whatever it is you need so that YOU feel cared for and have that Friend. I am a loyal person, who will give my all to someone else to help them. I know there is a difference between being a good listener and being a doormat, and I try to feel that out.. but I'm pretty bad at seeing who is using me and who is needing me. The last couple weeks have been hard for me. Stress, emotions, worries... blah blah...Well, some of the people I thought would be there for me.. were'nt (and one of them was part of the problem, she TOTALLY walked all over me, broke a promise, and all around showed me the only thing she thinks about is herself). This made me feel even worse, because this has happened through out my life.. I made myself the doormat once again. Do you not think that I need comfort too? That when things are rough, that I dont need to bounce some of my thoughts and feelings around with someone? To have someone support me a little, give me a freakin hug?? I took the day off of work and went and visited my old friend who I love with all my heart. she will ALWAYS be there for me.. and vise versa..she has a family, lives in boomfuckegypt, and we've grown up together.. but a girl needs more than just one girlfriend.. So, to Becky, Thank you for being my friend. Knowing that even though we're big girls now with families, that I dont have all the answers and i just needed someone to sit and have coffee with me, let me talk about it a little and then we just Hung out and laughed at old times, funny pictures, played with the babies.. I so needed that. you knew just what to do. you helped me put things in place and then took my mind off of stuff. Thank you my friend :)

Karen doesnt count in this.. You're my sister and my friend.. and you are ALWAYS there.. Thank you sister :) and Matt doesnt really count in here either.. cause he has no choice but to listen LOL.. jk. I love you with all my heart, you're my best friend and the love of my life!

1 comment:

Pbearsmom said...

Dear Squid, Phew! I am glad I wasn't part of the crappass friends here :) love ya! ~your sis karen